I’ve always been a fan of autumn. However, being from the caribbean I was never able to get the full on autumn, seasons changing experience until I got to Madrid. In all honestly I thought summer was my favourite season but now that I get to experience all four of them each year, autumn is hands down my favourite. There are so many things I love about autumn: the weather, the colours, the smell in the air, the food, it’s all very magical to me. So I’ve decided to share some of my autumn recipes (including some Spanish ones).
Serving: 4; approximate calories: 295; preparation time: 20 mints.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pure
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon extrae virgen olive oil
* You can add pumpkin spice for an extra 60 calories or you could also add a dash (1/4) of nutmeg for a more spicy flavour mix. I’m going for a more simple recipe.
- Mix all “dry” ingredients in a bowl.
- In a different bowl mix the milk, pumpkin pure, the egg, and the oil. Then mix it all together. Because of the pumpkin pure, you can expect for the mix to be a little lumpy.
- Then you can proceed to make the pancakes as usual. Personally I like to do them in butter (just a little bit) instead of oil). I have no idea which is healthier but I can tell you which one tastes better for me, with butter.
This is an easy to make breakfast recipe that is a little different-than what we would normally do.
How about you? Do you have a special autumn breakfast you would like to share?
-Ms Prym ❤